Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: How does this Aiwa LX-110 sound so GOOD?

Sometimes the whole is greater than the parts. You may have found a sleeper or the cartridge is punching above its weight class. If I were a betting man I would bet the latter. While many vinyl-philes worry that the plethora of mid-level servo controlled linear tracking tables that came out in the 80's had arms that cog, the ones I have worked with appear to me to have enough slop that this should not be a problem. So IMO, if everything is functioning properly, they should sound good. The only serous problem I see is light weight (since they all seem to be unsuspended), but this is easily fixed by adding weight. Of course Aiwa probably outsourced the cartridge, but these outsourced cartridges could be very good. Take a look at what Technics cartridges are fetching lately. Possibly, Aiwa bought from the same source as Technics.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How does this Aiwa LX-110 sound so GOOD? - Crazy Dave 07:44:56 01/29/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.