Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Yup Pioneer PL-800 is another unsung gem

I cannot personally take credit for this discovery. The cult figure Don Allen turned me onto this table.

I could go on and on about how great it sounds and its conveinence of being automatic brings to the table. Its really well thought out with the way the tone arm is controlled. Guiding it to a track with your finger is not hard at all.

I was lucky enough to grab a couple of these he refurbed for me while he was still doing it. He hated having them shipped to and from him. Completely understandable for anyone who has ever shipped a table. Not rocket science but close to it they way some pack and handle em. :(

Im not a die hard linear tracking guy. I have and love other conventional tables too. A well engineered TT can be done in nearly any design. Just some stand out as triumphs while others are just there.

Still killer values when one looks at what a nice NEW table will set one back. I love seeing the DIY efforts some of these frighteningly talented folks come up with. Makes me feel like a money wasting fool LOL.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yup Pioneer PL-800 is another unsung gem - 2chJunkie 05:30:46 01/29/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.