Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Need a list of tubed integrated amps worth restoring

Ok- I considered new tubed amps, vintage tubed amps, new tubed preamps, various kits, saw a psychic, waited for a vision or that tumor in my head to start speaking to me.

And here's what I decided.

I like my Sherwood S-5000 for many reasons. A major fact that was recently pointed out to me, is mainly from the quality upgraded parts Mike Samra restored the unit with.

Starting with new or kits begins the upgrade-o-rama. I just want to plug and play. I decided I'm not really a "new" kinda guy.

So I figure stick with something that works!

So I decided - why not go with another vintage integrated tubed amp and have it restored.

Now in the total of $2k for the amp and restoration - what't the short list of tubed integrated amps I should be looking for?

ORRRR - just get a Cit V and use a passive to drive it? Orr go for a PAS3/70 kit. I do still like to tinker a little but I'm NOT into advanced tweaking anymore.

charles

Edits: 01/26/15 01/26/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Need a list of tubed integrated amps worth restoring - airtime 06:13:09 01/26/15 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.