Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Help Needed with a Preamp for a Grundig 4088 EES

As a rule I'm with you on matching era's for gear. But a phono preamp which can be a small box with no controls and just RCA ins and outs not so much. You can get a decent one for not too much money and I don't mean the little crappy 14.95 units.

No on the integrated amp to mate with your two pieces. However the Grundig isn't stereo and you may want to get an amp and a pair of speakers to use with the 1019 to make a stereo system and then use the Grundig in another room/area as a stand alone unit. You'd need an RCA to DIN adapter too for the Grundig if you want to plug the 1019 into it (I don't recommend that) AND you'll need to sum the L/R channels down to mono before the RCA to DIN adapter. Lots of hurdles this way AND inferior sound.

Buy an integrated amp that has an internal phono preamp and a pair of speakers and make a stereo system with the Dual 1019. Use the Grundig by itself.

E
T

ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.