Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Retired; want'a play vinyl; should I drag out my old Garrard SL95-B? Needles?

Actually have been retired for 12 years. Still have my old, (purchased new by me), Garrard SL95-B turntable. I remembered not long after I bought it....way back then....I began to wish I had gotten a Dual. Could never afford to make the switch. Now my wife wants to drag out her old 45's and a bunch of LP's in 33rpm. So I need to plug together a modest system. I have plenty of amps, speakers, etc. Want I'd like to know is how decent my old Garrard will be for good care, (in all speeds), of old records???? AND, where might I get a good needle, (or cartridge and needle---probably flip-over type?) to use? Presuming that my old one has been well worn. When I was young, I and my close friends were always paranoid about how we wanted to care for records. We were really careful. Thinking back....good thing. But I would like to have a tip as to where to look for vintage record care and feeding now. Also source for sleeves for 45's and LP's.

Help and comments would be appreciated. Thanks for reading,
Dennis in E WA state
Dennis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Retired; want'a play vinyl; should I drag out my old Garrard SL95-B? Needles? - dbtrail@gmail.com 20:03:14 01/24/15 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.