Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

My vintage system is moving up ...

...upstairs.

My vintage system has been in the garage since I put it together and while I enjoyed it there, it didn't get nearly enough use and I'd only use it in short spurts.

Looking at it the other day, while freezing my ass off in the garage, I decided it was time to bring the system into the house, specifically into my home office.

The system consists of a Yamaha CA-410II integrated amp, a Yamaha CT-410II tuner, a Nakamichi 480 cassette deck and a pair of ADS L300s. A fairly modest system back in the day. Its a great sounding set up, perfect for my small office and I am having a blast listening to tapes I made 35 years ago and have not heard for 25 years.

Most all of my tapes are "mix" tapes with lots of Mowtown, one hit wonders and radio-rock from the 60's and 70's. Very few tapes contain album sides. It's amazing how on a mix-tape I have not heard in over two decades that when a song ends I know which one is coming next.

This was a good move.

Dean.

reelsmith's axiom: Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Edits: 01/17/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - My vintage system is moving up ... - reelsmith. 16:16:16 01/17/15 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.