Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: HH Scott 121c follow up..

I think you are replying to me and not Mikey? he assisted me but has not restored or heard the units you are asking about...

in short.. "big" difference, not small, incredible separation and more holographic than the stereo versions. You have a separate power supply for each channel, so good advantage there..but really you expect them to be very different, the circuit designs are not very similar at all, in fact they do not resemble one another much if you compare the schematics.

I initially thought what you were thinking, and I would still think that, if I saw the same "parts" replacement, but there is not anything similar after the rectifier bridge.

Which is better, well obviously you know my answer,, took only two nights of listening to these and I knew I had to have a pair..was not planning on a switch, but gotta have.. they are way better performers. Better dynamics across the board clearer definition 150hz -20hz. Increased transient sound. I am hearing instruments just resonating back and forth all over the room, with more in depth accuracy and definition... it's a crazy good set up not just for 78's they are good all over.

As soon as I get a pair I am selling my other pre-amps..

J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.