Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Bose Electronics

What I want to say is that they engineer the hell out of what they make. If you look at the speakers, the drivers and cabinets are designed to get the sound they want from the barest minimum of materials--cheap drivers and cabinets. And their electronics are the same. Everything is equalized and shaped to work with the enclosures and drivers to create the sound they want. And it is not a neutral sound. It is deliberately punchy and dynamic to make you think: Wow! what a big sound from that tiny thing! I have had a bunch of products- speakers, powered speakers, radios and desktop speakers and while they are initially ear-catching I have found that after a short while they are fatiguing. The last thing I had was a small pair of powered desktop speakers that you could use for computer, Music player etc. They were initially very impressive with a large spacious sound, especially given their tiny size. But the bass was far too boomy and quickly became annoying. And there is no way to adjust it; that is how they are engineered to sound like. I had to stuff the bass ports with cotton to tame them, But I did not keep them long.

--Matt
"When you think everything is someone else's fault, you will suffer a lot."
--Dalai Lama

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Bose Electronics - realistico 07:42:13 01/02/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.