Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

My Philco-Admiral-Westinghouse-Sylvania Console's Better Than Your Console

State of the art sound award*

- all original Admiral electronics

- all original cheap non-treated accordian edge drivers, with stamped frames and tiny alnico slug magnets

- Webcor automatic record changer with a non-counterweighted, pressed steel tonearm, ultra-low compliance cartridge with flip 33rpm-45rpm/78rpm nail stylus. Will stack 6 records of any assortment [16-33-45-78 rpm]and drop each one using the "magic mind" record changer system.

- full solid one pound tracking force and no sissy anti-skate

- built in Lloyds 9 inch black & white television, to further improve the sound

- built in side shelves for displaying fine china/knick-knacks/chachkie; also helps the good sound

- solid mid-century mahogany console cabinet; beautiful workwork; beautiful furniture; undamped, highly resonant for that authentic,booming, bottom-of-the-pickle-barrel sound

- early minimalist crossover [only big caps on the tweeters] ensures full breakup modes for bass and mid drivers, further enhancing that good, authentic radio-console sound

- unsurpassed genius engineering evident in the amplifier bass roll off to prevent the built-in turtable from picking up cabinet vibrations from the built-in speakers and TV, which would otherwise result in in run-away feedback [more than enough boom built in from the empty solid mahogany box - see above]

- fancy grill-work of great detail and more fine woodwork, prevents anything bad from escaping the authentically mounted speakers [fastened to the backside of the baffle and sounding through a hole]

- great furniture for finest audio reproduction

- sounds great!!!

*2014 Trailer Park Lifestyle Award ceremonies; 7 judge panel; one judge sober, one judge pregnant.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - My Philco-Admiral-Westinghouse-Sylvania Console's Better Than Your Console - Mike Porper 11:52:18 12/30/14 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.