Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

In my case...

I've used a mix of vintage and modern since I got into this hobby. During the past few summers I have used a restored Fisher 400 and various speakers, most recently a pair of AR 92 and before that a pr of ADS L420. My computer system was a NAD 7060 and a pr of Dynaco A10 and later a pr of Advent 3. Until recent upgrades, I used a variety of vintage amps- Eico HF86 and 87, Heath W4 pr, Heath AA111, among others with a CJ PV5 and a AR TT, then a Linn LP12. I currently use a Mac 2100 as a sub amp driving a pr of AR 3a used as subs.

I appreciate the design aesthetic of vintage equipment. It wasn't just designed to work, it was designed to last. I have long felt that in some ways, the only real advancements we have experienced have been in refinement rather than innovation.

Vintage is also a good value. A restored Eico HF87 or Heath w4 pair can be purchased for about 750-1000 and hold their value when you want to upgrade. Buy a new Cayin or Prima Luna, and then try to sell for what you paid.....

Best. Ross

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • In my case... - Ross 18:21:03 12/22/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.