Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Anybody using gear 30+ years old that hasn't been restored?

As I type this post I am listening to my current set up which is a Superscope T 210 Tuner,A Superscope A 235 Amp.both should at least have the dust blown out of them & the switches cleaned!For Speakers I am using the original first series of the Minimus 7's from Radio Shack! The wire is solid 14 gauge cooper wire from our local Ace Hardware!I am using a Magnavox CDB492 for the CD player.Besides putting a little lubricant on the CD drawer and cleaning the lens,I have done nothing to it as well!(I love the mid 80's to early 90's Magnavox CD Players!)
The Turntable is a Sony PS-LX 250H. Nothing real special but works & sounds very good with the Superscope!For the tape deck I am now using my Nakamichi CR2A. As good as that deck is I still want to get one of my Superscope decks up & running for this set up!I have had this set up for close to 3 weeks now & the more I have been using it the better everything is starting to work after sitting for awhile!The sound is very enjoyable to listen too!That Amp seems to really like the solid wire I am using with them speakers as they have never sounded better on that Amp!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Anybody using gear 30+ years old that hasn't been restored? - Brian McGowan 11:21:04 12/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.