Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Heathkit AA-121 underside pics & PS question

Anyone with a Heathkit AA-121 have some underside pics of the area under the can capacitors? I have picked up a partially worked on AA-121 that had some missing parts, clipped wires, and questionable replacements of parts.

I've followed the schematic and I think I have things hooked up correctly, but I would like to have what you might call a 'second opinion', which some pictures would supply.

The two front 200uf cans have been replaced with bridged JJ 100/100uf 500V caps held in place with clamps. The two rear 150uf cans were re-stuffed with Nichicon 350V caps.

Question: Are the two 200uf caps 'hot' like the two 150uf ones. I don't think they are, but they are separated from the chassis like the 150ufs, so I'm not sure about them.

I'd like to get this one fixed, but since it was incomplete when I got it, it may take a while to get it right. Thanks for your help.

Larry D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Heathkit AA-121 underside pics & PS question - lektrik 14:47:03 12/13/14 (8)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.