Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: What Kind of Help?

It would be nice to have some pics of where someone else has replaced the PECs with caps and resistors to see how they have them hooked up. It may be that nobody has done this to a 1448 before.

I may just cut out the PECs and try and figure it out from there because the way they're wired up now just confuses me when I try and picture in my mind how the bass & treble should be wired up with discreet parts according to the schematic. I will take pics before I remove the PECs.....just in case I need to re-install them. If I study the amp and schematic long enough I may figure it out anyway, despite the PECs.

I can usually follow a schematic with no problem because I follow the circuit and see (according to the schematic) that a cap is supposed to be next in line and 'voila', its there in the amp, but with a PEC you see nothing that resembles a cap or resistor, and there are connections within the PEC that you can't see, so that throws me off. This may be why they don't get replaced all that often.

Larry D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.