Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Joe Rosen

Hi Dave,
You are a complete gentleman and no offense whatsoever taken. I just wanted to point out that I disagree with Joe on the sound of a number of pieces.

As an aside, I know you mentioned Quad ESL speakers. I have customer who has a Citation I/II pair that I rebuilt for him who listens to it through a pair of totally restored Quad ESL 57 speakers. He absolutely loves the combination. Either with his DAC or the turntable through the phono section of the Citation I. He said that a fellow came out from the local high end stereo dealer to install his tonearm and then they played it through the above system and the tech was absolutely floored by the sound. He was used to selling some pretty high end modern equipment, but had never heard properly functioning vintage tube gear. As usual, not saying a Citation I/II is the be all end all, but if clearly competes favorably with very expensive modern gear. I am sure the perfectly functioning pair of Quads had something to do with that too!

cheers,
Don

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Joe Rosen - dls123 13:53:20 12/09/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.