Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Joe Rosen

I have never met Joe face to face, but we have exchanged emails, and he can be a lot nicer one-on-one, although he did send me some rants, which actually I appreciated. He and I do disagree on a lot of equipment, but I don't have a problem with that, even when he gets "passionate". My options are base on years of listening, including years of selling audio, where I was listing to equipment all day. I also played the piano and clarinet, my sister played the piano and violin, and my mother played the piano. My father raised me on classical music, and I have been attending concerts since I was a child. I know what real instruments sound like. I know what a lot of equipment sounds like. I am confident about what I like, so it does not bother me if people disagree with me. If anything, I enjoy being challenged, as long as it remains civil. This is one of the things I love about the Asylum!

With Joe. I do pay attention to his criticisms and see if I can hear the problems that he talks about, and see if it bothers me as much (usually not!). However, I tend to pay more attention to what he likes. He was spot on with Quad ESL speakers, B&O cartridges, Dynaco tube amps and Spendor BC-1's (which I own, partly because of his recommendation), to name a few. I strongly suspect he is right about Marantz tube gear, but unfortunately, I have never heard any of it.

I debated with myself, whether I should mention him, but I thought that the original poster wanted a balance of opinions. I was trying to do that. I did not want to stir up a hornet's nest and meant no disrespect to anyone's opposing opinion here, which I do respect. I hope no disrespect was taken.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Joe Rosen - Crazy Dave 10:13:31 12/09/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.