Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: The Whole HK Citation II Craze

In my opinion(mine only probably) you are more than correct in your assumptions but that doesn't take away from the fact that a Mcshane modded, Samra modded. Sachs modded, or for that matter, any modded piece of gear that one would think is improved upon is the same as the original. If it is better by changing parts values(as in some RIAA circuits) or adding capacitance where it wasn't before, then it isn't the same. If you change parts values it isn't the same even if it makes it better. Making something better than original takes the originality of it and changes it. Changing parts to the original values because of age or just plain not doing its job is keeping the original integrity of the gear amd making it operate the way it was intended.

Just because it still says Dynaco, HK, Marantz on the chassis doesn't make it so but it is easier to say something of the past is modded so many think it is the original but better

Like a vintage vehicle. If you upgraded the electrical, motor, interior, or whatever else you can think of, is it really the same as original or is it better? Probably better but not original.

Just my thoughts!

With all that said HK Deuce is really good but is it the end of the road? Only the listener can decide. It has a whole new life because of these people that can take a good sounding whatever and make it sound better.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.