Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

The Whole HK Citation II Craze

I think that the resident experts (I use this term with the utmost respect) on this forum have made it abundantly clear that while the Sherwood S-5000 may be very good, it is not in the same league as the vaunted Harmon Kardon Citation II.

This begs the question; How does the Deuce compare in terms of sonics to modern offerings from Carver, Decware, McIntosh, BAT, Jadis, Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, Ayon, and many more. I say in terms of sonics because there is no way the Citation II comes close with its fit & finish (except Jeff's). Let's face it; It was designed with the sex appeal of a torque wrench.

The modern amps pictured, while not exactly the same surely would be close enough for comparison as they are medium large push/pull tube designs.

One would surmise that while the HK Citation II was/is a great amp, that technology and innovation have caught up with and surpassed it, if only by 5 to 10%.

Just curious........

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - The Whole HK Citation II Craze - geezerrocket 21:31:18 12/07/14 (49)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.