Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

some questions on my Scott299A rebuild...

been reading a lot of info on this as I do the rebuild, have run into a couple of problems. One, the sound coming out is not balanced, scoping it shows that to be the case, it would seem the vol. pot is not tracking well, is this a common problem? I can use the balance to get the correct lf/rt balance, but this is the first amp I have run across that I had to use the balance for a fair amount of imbalance. The second problem deals with the 6BL8 phase splitter/amp, I am getting 90-100 volts on both pins 1 and 6 whereas the schematic notes 65 v. All the resistors measure correctly and the voltage into the dc balance is correct, replacing the tubes I still get that or higher voltage on the two plates. This is the later 299A version with the trannies along the back of the amp, not sure if the 6BL8 had a change from the schematic I have, which is for the earlier version... thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - some questions on my Scott299A rebuild... - gkargreen 13:27:38 12/04/14 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.