Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: A big thanks to Heyboer

FWIW, I recall Doug going after various Peerless iron inc. the 16431 as in the Heath W6 (arguably a worthy competitor to the C-II iron). Mike Lefevre didn't appreciate these efforts and Heyboer ended up in an uncomfortable situation as a result. Doug attempted to allay Mike's concerns by making a group project out of a reproduction of the S265Q IIRC. The plan was to have Heyboer wind the coils and provide the lams which we would then stack and vacuum impregnate. I was interested and contacted Doug directly about participating but nothing ever came of it. Most of this activity occurred on another forum so not much here to search out.

In the end, it seems Heyboer is glad to reproduce onesie-twosies of just about anything within limits of material availability (i.e. no nickel lams) but won't do quantities of "protected" designs. Not sure if there's anthing special about C-II OPT materials so maybe it could be reproduced. Has anyone inquired about this?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.