Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Now I just look at speaker options as a change and not stereo change options

After about 25 years of being more serious about audio I have to say that the rebuild YOU!!!!! did on my Sherwood, clearly makes it the best stereo I've ever had.

I was playing stereo "musical chairs" for several decades. And I never really hit that - "this is the one" mark. I came close a number of times. But the Sherwood is clearly in a class of it's own.

I usually rotate my stereo listening every few months. And over the last 8-10 months I actually can't bring myself to switch back to the NAD setup.

Now I don't want to/or have ANY desire to change my stereo as a way of keeping some spice in my audio life So now I'm looking at changing my speakers as a way of keeping my audio interst. I love my SR-71's and have NOOOO complaints about them. But other speakers I have considered are: Magnapan Mini-Maggies, Decaware DM945/946 because of the ribbon tweeter, perhaps a high end full range driver, or just back to a NEW Dynaco A-25. Ah the options again!!!!

charles

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.