Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: HH Scott 340 power supply voltages?

Finally updated the SCOTT with the 220uf caps and there is still is some low frequency buzzing (sounds like 120hz, but I have not measured it yet). The buzzing will get louder if the unit is not grounded (3 prong plug).

R307 in fact is 100 ohms and not 1K ohms. The resistor color bands in my unit could not be read because it was burned a bit from the heat generated by R308. It measured 200 ohms. I found an exact version of the 340B early and the resistor color code turned out to be 100 ohms in that working unit. Inserting a 1K 2W dropped the voltage more and proceeded to smoke that 1K resistor. I would need a 10W resistor at 1K. SO I pulled it and inserted a 100 ohm.

The FM section has the familiar FM noise, but does not get a signal and all the voltages seem correct and there is no floating or loose grounds. I believe that there are several tubes that are suspect including the 6U8A.

Anyway, the audio quality is quite remarkable. More later probably after the holidays.

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: HH Scott 340 power supply voltages? - halftime2020 14:46:57 11/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.