Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: The Monster Amp

Here's the thing...

You were rude, hostile, and you basically insulted another user's intelligence, electronics knowledge, etc.

You made claims that demonstrated a lack of knowledge of the subject, which in and of itself is not a big deal, until you do it with arrogance and hubris. There are times when I might post something that isn't correct. When that happens, and somebody pops up to explain to me why I'm wrong, I don't get my knickers in a twist and start belittling them.

People here are more than happy to explain something to you, and chances are they'll do it politely - until given a plenty good reason not to.

What you claimed was that no piece of vintage gear whatsoever would "care" about which way around you insert the plug. I and others explained why that was wrong. If you wished to refine your statement, and/or actually get to the bottom of something and find the truth, the way to go about it generally does not include being a jerk.

Once you start being a jerk, people understandably lose sight of whatever technical nuance is being discussed, and they focus on the person.

Look, you're new to this forum as am I. If you came here to ask questions, and be helpful to people, then you've started off on the wrong foot. Asking advice while being a jerk is not a winning combination.

Perhaps if instead of going down the "I never said that, what I really said was this, and you jumped down my throat" path, if you just offered a simple apology to the person you belittled, chalked it up to having a bad day, etc. and then re-phrased your question, I think you'll find that people here are quite forgiving just like most places in the world.

If you disagree with somebody, ask for clarification or a second opinion. Don't go about making ad hominem attacks when the answer is either over your head, or pertains to a question you didn't ask.

At any rate, I'm willing to start over if you are, but that begins with acknowledging that you crossed a line, and asking Dave to accept your apology. Nothing he said justifies how you spoke to him.

-SF

Edits: 11/01/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.