Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Enlighten me ...

If there are only 2 wires then it's AC - full stop. You know the little figure-8 mains connector that plugs into your portable radio/cassette... does it matter which way round it goes..? No is doesn't. This Sansui 517... It's only got a 2-core cable. Are you saying that the manufacturer of this (along with manufacturers of zillions of other products that only have 2-core mains) have all made a serious mistake by not identifying pos & neg wires..? Maybe these manufacturers understand basic electronics. Maybe they understand that there IS NO POS AND NEG with AC VOLTAGE - IT'S ALTERNATING CURRENT - meaning it alternates (in your case 60 times every second) - THERE IS NO POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE..!!

Maybe you should stop giving advice on things that you obviously don't understand. What the hell did you mean by telling that guy that he would need to be able to understand a circuit diagram in order to figure out which way round the mains wires should be connected - or this could cause serious damage..? Absolute rubbish..!

Everyone's entitled to be ignorant on many topics. I myself know nothing at all about fly fishing, Botany, Neurology, Japanese pottery etc.. etc. My lack of knowledge prevents me from spouting crap on these subjects.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.