Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Unterminated umbilical power cord

Hey dadbar, So many 'experts' on here spouting advice. I see Crazy Dave has an accomplice. You may be surprised to learn that there are some countries that DON'T use 120 volts AND don't use American mains plugs. WOW...! Imagine that...! Back in the day (1970's) these were imported to the UK with either bare wires OR a useless American mains plug fitted. If the US plug was fitted it was immediately cut off. Also... (this is where it gets confusing so try to concentrate), the Japanese manufacturer was REALLY clever. When they were sent to the European market they were already converted to 220-240 volts... GENIUS OR WHAT..?

So... here's the thing dadbar:- Not made for 120 volts does not mean that this is some kind of hybrid freak that's been made one piece at a time by Johnny Cash. No mains plug fitted is not an indication that the thing has been abused, had beer spilled in it, will catch fire or will explode. Perhaps it's meant for 240 volts and perhaps it doesn't have a mains plug fitted because it just doesn't have a mains plug fitted.

Now go have a chat with Crazy Dave. You two were made for each other. Maybe you can sink a few beers while watching some old X-Files tapes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Unterminated umbilical power cord - kendodsdadsdogsdead 13:16:23 10/28/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.