Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Dad Blame it!

Two easy things are now a pain. One is a deer hunting call which has a slide on/off switch. I modified one for a guy adding a momentary push button as the click from the slide switch was too loud. He gave me his friends to do the same and I drilled a hole in the case for the size of a momentary push button my wife got from the junk box at the hospital. Very nice robust switch still in its original plastic wrap with a neon light and hardware. Perfect for the job too as the terminals come out on the bottom 90 degrees offset. After installing it F me! It's normally closed!

Number two is I gave a neighbor a nice 60's Admiral clock radiomodel YG-547, chassis 6H4N-3. AM/FM with a phono input it has 6 tubes. It was dead, no tubes light up. Hoping for an open filament but no. Probably the selenium rectifier or silicone diode. No schematic anywhere.

Two potentially easy things have turned into a pain. Just wanted to bitch and moan a bit. Oh well, time to move forward.
ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Dad Blame it! - Awe-d-o-file 08:19:39 10/24/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.