Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Sidegetter take a look at this.

Nice amps
I have a pair of 99D and a 272 and a 296 and a pair of 299s and an LK72 and an LK48..All these amps I rebuild with the same philosophy of a mixture of electrolytics and film caps in the power supply as well as paper in oil and film and foil couplers in signal coupling..They kind of remind me of my 272 as mono versions without the added gimmicks.Those are really nice amps and can really sing if you use good selection of components in the rebuild/
That quad 20 cap will not be sufficient for these amps..I would use dual 100s which are cheaper and better caps..Once you remove the quad 75v cap in these amps,you can put a second dual 100@500v and then a 3rd and 4th...The 75v caps you put underneath on a terminal strip and you can drill a small hole in the chassis to hold the strip or just goop it on..All the cap you put in with Goop like I did on that Mc240 and you will be fine..
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.