Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Any Inmates Insights on HH Scott 209 Amps?

Thanks Michael,
I was thinking on a similar line other than using the 50uf poly caps (didn't think of that). I was thinking about using the 4 x 20uf @475 CE multi-section cans and paralleling the sections similar to what you were suggesting and using smaller (1uf or so) bypass caps. Also will possibly use in addition the 100uf @500v U36D United Chemicon electrolytics I have left over. Already have the UKZ Muse 100uf caps which I have also used before. For the C3 25uf I was going to use 100uf Black Gates that I had left over from another project. For the pre-amp coupling caps I will probably end up using Multicap PPMFX as my budget won't allow me to use the RTX Polystyrene tin-foil caps that I used in my Mac MC60's. The ceramic discs will make way for polystyrenes. I am not sure about the paper/oil caps for the outputs though. Why do you choose them for that application? Resistors will mainly be Vishay RNC60E and RN65E metal films that I have along with some CPF3 metal films for the 1W ones. Thanks again for your input as it seems that there aren't many people who are familiar the 209.

SG
"Nothing quite like high voltage DC to sharpen the mind and body!"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.