Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Schematic for an Olson AM-240-A amp? Huge OT iron!

Chances of finding repair info for any Olson labeled unit is at best almost impossible. They did not release any so, it any existed it was restricted to their service centers. Even the stores could not get copies when we requested it.

Most units were single production run bid contract fullfillmentss. If units came in under warranty it was sent to the service center if none were in stock at the store. Many times we would receive it back with instructions to give the owner a full purchase credit towards another model as some unique part was not in stock. If out of warranty the credit was pro-rated unless the customer screamed and then a full credit was given. If there was not a comparable unit at or close to the same price and under warranty we could wave the difference. If it was a speaker, they were not even looked at but a new pair of speakers given of similar design and price and the defective speakers junked. We were supposed to smash them before dumping but new hires usually took them home and eventually end up with multiple pairs. Old timers, like me, did not even bother except in a couple of cases when we knew the drivers had potential.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Schematic for an Olson AM-240-A amp? Huge OT iron! - Brian Levy 18:25:39 10/13/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.