Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Gremlins Have Left the House

Wednesday, the high point was a MRI after my 2 KLH Twenty-Seven receivers acted up as well as my Koss ESP9bs.

I got the Koss sorted out. Somehow all the screws in the box had worked loose.

The KLH with the tuner acting up I moved downstairs and hooked up to a folded dipole ribbon and it is working. Still scratching my head as the signal strength is not as good.

The other KLH, I disassembled the antenna to get to the speaker fuses as the first step. Pulled the fused and they looked and tested good. The ends were shiny as is the fuse cap. I still wiped all down with some contact cleaner and put the fuses back in. Push in some headphones and plugged it in and both channels are working. Put on a set of speakers and tried again with success. Reassembled the antenna and turned on again. Still okay so plugged in the cd player and after an hour still working, runs very very cool, no noise, distortion, crackling or other.

But, walked into the laundry and told my wife with the conclusion the gremlins had left. Just then one of the bulbs in the laundry room shut off. We looked at each other, I walked over unscrewed it and tested. It is good so, maybe one gremlin is still hanging out.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Gremlins Have Left the House - Brian Levy 14:20:12 09/27/14 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.