Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Nakamichi cassette decks

Brian, looks to be an outstanding score.

I owned several cassette decks through the years - a couple of HKs, a Tandberg 310, a Nak 480, an Aiwa 770, and a Pioneer CT-S800. As you can see, none of these were top end models, although the Pioneer has the same specs as their Elite model. Both the Tandberg and Nak were big disappointments and I suspect were built to a low price point just to take advantage of their brand names.

But the Pioneer has been a wonderful deck, both for sonics and features in use, as was the Aiwa. I'll admit mine still does not have too many hours and has only be played maybe 3-4 hours in the past 10 years. But for the little I could sell it for I simply hang on to it.

Should it ever fail I would be very happy to find a bargain such as yours to be able to continue playing my cassette collection, however few times that might be. I assume any of the three head Naks would be desirable.

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing, if you can fake that you've got it made." Groucho

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Nakamichi cassette decks - M3 lover 16:31:29 09/22/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.