Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: How many have one - or more - main stereos and why

I have secondary systems in the living room, bedroom, and my home office. The main system is in the family room and does double duty for movies and music. So there is a Yamaha HT receiver connected to the TV, DVD, DVR, CD, a pair of cassette decks, and 5 speakers and subwoofer. The receiver is also connected to a Denon integrated amp that I use for music. The turntable and CD player are connected to the integrated. The CD player has 2 outputs, one goes to the Yamaha and 1 to the Denon. I can connect either the integrated or the receiver to the main front speakers (Paradigm Studio 60). There is a third amp in a Sony ES receiver whose tape out is connected to the Denon. There is a tuner, a second CD player and second turntable connected to the Sony, which drives either the Paradigm speakers or a pair of B&W DM1600 speakers on the other side of the room. In total there are 2 receivers, 1 integrated amps, 1 television, 2 turntables, 2 CD players, 2 DVD players, 1 VCR, 1 DVR, 1 computer, 2 cassette decks, 7 speakers, and 2 subwoofers, all connected in one system. All the audio equipment except the cassette decks, the B&W speakers, and one of the CD players were acquired at garage sales. Total original MSRP is about 6 grand, but actual cost to me is about $500. Nobody else in the family can figure out how to operate it.

Edits: 09/21/14 09/21/14 09/21/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How many have one - or more - main stereos and why - Tadlo 07:34:37 09/21/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.