Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Storage Locker Find

I have the exact same Fisher 500 and it had a pair of Mullard EL37 tubes. I raided them for something else and put in a pair of 6L6. I need to rebuild or sell it. Missing one knob cover. I used it for years with a big University mono speaker in my bedroom in my parents' house. I remember that the local FM rock station had oldies night on Sunday from 6- midnight. That was when I would do all the homework I had avoided all weekend and listen to the oldies for a few hours on the old Fisher and the big speaker. Also listened to quite a few ballgames and I remember that the National Lampoon Radio Comedy Hour - or whatever it was called, came on late on either Saturday or Sunday night. It had a lot of what later would become the Saturday night live cast, including John Belushi, Bill Murray, Gilda Radner and I think Harold Ramis from Ghostbusters fame. Some it was pretty funny stuff to a teenager anyway:) Pretty off the wall. I guess I listened to a lot of radio on that old Fisher and that is why I haven't parted with it, even though I have no real use for it now. I couldn't haul that big speaker out of the house with me, but I took the Fisher and have carried it around all these years. Enjoy yours. Just re-cap it and it will probably run another 50 years.
cheers,
Don

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Storage Locker Find - dls123 23:02:10 09/08/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.