Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Storage Locker Find

A few days ago an antique dealer friend of mine called me to ask if I would like to take a look at some stereo gear that he was trying to liquidate for a dealer friend of his that is in rapidly declining health.
I thought to myself that it was probably just a junk 70's/80's rack system, but since it was only a 10 mile drive I thought what the hell.

Long story short I ended up coming home with a bunch of stuff.

1) Fisher 500 mono receiver (EL 37)
2) General Electric A1 406 speaker
3) Technics SL 23 turntable
4) A pair of Pioneer 77A speakers (not pictured)
5) Marantz SR 1000 receiver (not pictured)
6) Pioneer PL 31D turntable (not pictured)

The last three items are not pictured because I didn"t have room for them in my car. I paid $130 for all of it - seemed like a deal.

The GE speaker sounds really good and the Fisher does too, albeit for 10 to 20 minutes until it makes no sound. After it cools down it comes back on again and repeat......It doesn't seem to get hot or anything, but it just fades to black. I have no idea what could be causing this, but suffice to say it will need a new power supply, coupling caps, a good cleaning, and possibly some tubes.

Now for the rest; Still available is a pair of Pioneer 88A speakers, T6000 reel to reel, and a Pioneer SX 9000 receiver. these 3 items are absolutely museum mint and he wants $300 for them. Seems like a fair deal?????

Also, there is a Philco Predicta television that I could probably get for $150.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Storage Locker Find - geezerrocket 16:35:55 09/07/14 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.