Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Sony STR-6800SD International Version (Photos)

I wonder what the story is of this vintage Sony receiver. Is it a European or Japanese version? This is the second Sony STR6800SD I've owned and it's different.

What is unique about this one, that I've never seen before, even in photos, is that it seems to be an international version w/ universal voltages for 100/120/220/240 50/60 hz.

Besides a selectable switch on the back, there is also an unused fuse holder on the inside as well. I suppose you will have to get AC plug adaptors or replace the power cord or plug. It draws 250 watts, whereas the US version draws 225 watts. The power cord is factory original because it says Sony on the plug, but it is a thicker (no size on it) gray and not 16ga. brown like the US version.

BTW, it does't have a hint of corrosion on the inside or out, all the writing is 100% intact, looks like it was house kept its entire life, and works perfectly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Sony STR-6800SD International Version (Photos) - mjcmt 06:25:28 08/27/14 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.