Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Sherwoods Done By Mikey

Charles;

I love it! Where do I send money for my charter member pin?

We should probably look to be more inclusive though, maybe "Amps Done By Mikey" or something similar. This will enable our Fisher, Audio Research, Harmon Kardon, McIntosh, Lafayette, Bogen etc brethren to fly the flag.

I talked with the master last night and he's definitely back to himself after going through one of life's little rain storms.

Regarding my review; I am trying to get a friend (he's a cameraman for a cable TV station, and a budding audiophile) to film a video review. Think low brow version of Peter Breuninger with T-shirt, bottle of Stella, and flip flops playing Led Zep on quality vinyl. The setting will be my dedicated room which looks more like a 46 year old man's dorm room - no doilies or oil paintings there.

I have to compare with the Sherwood a Pass First Watt and Pathos integrated amps. For speakers I have my hybrid horns (98db 8 ohm) and Paradigm Reference 40 v3 speakers (88db 5 ohm).

This may take some time to arrange, so until then I'll do the standard written version with a bunch of pics.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sherwoods Done By Mikey - geezerrocket 07:46:19 08/26/14 (2)
    • NO!!!!! - airtime 08:02:03 08/26/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.