Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

That one has been up for a while ...

... weeks, I think. Now that I have one, I'm curious to see how the market goes. They seem to be around $400 for an example in very good cosmetic and operating condition, more for pristine examples like the one below (the faceplate seems to be especially vulnerable to losing paint around the Source and Volume selectors, and heat damage underneath). I saw one ~15 years ago in a local shop for around $125 and fell in love, I've wanted one since then but had other projects come up in the meantime - I'm kinda stingy with what I'll spend on this kind of thing, but then again, I enjoy doing the refurb work.

I got one a few weeks ago, along with a tuner, for around $200, but the amp needs a LOT of work (extensive rewiring due to heat/chemicals, mainly, along with the default recapping), so maybe that will turn out to be about the same total cost for someone who isn't interested in the "project" side of the hobby.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.