Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

IPC AM-1026 wiring

Hi All,

I have finally replaced almost all the capacitors in one of my IPC AM-1026 mono amps. I hope to fire it up in the next couple of weeks but I do need help. So here goes.

1. The wiring diagram shows 2 separate wires for 115 AC. I am assuming this is the power connection. It also shows two 6.3 AC wires, what is the purpose of these?
2. The input designation goes to an input transformer. I am assuming this is where I plug in my preamp. It has two wires that go to a terminal with a P indication on the input transformer. Does it matter which wire I use for positive or negative.
3. The ouptut (speaker output I assume) is only one wire. I have traced it back to either the 8, 16 or 32 ohm connection. I do not see a wire directly from the 0 terminal of the output transformer. There is a System Ground and a Channel Ground. The system ground is coming off the large C9 capacitor which appears to be part of the output transformer wiring scheme. While the channel ground is coming off the V1 tube a 6SL7-GT.
4. It has a B+ wire which I believe is meant to go to one of the downstream components used in the theater system. I do not believe I need to use this and will tape this off so as not to electrocute myself.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. If needed I have the wiring schematic and electrical schematic of this amp and would be happy to provide it.

The URL I have attached are the wiring and electrical schematics.

Thanks

Richard

Edits: 07/22/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - IPC AM-1026 wiring - rockpassion 15:30:14 07/21/14 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.