Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Can Not Go Smaller

For me it is was not trying to find better but how far I could go before it became too compromised. I have just rejigged the desk system to the ADS L300s with the Philips 796 and it is livable. I will stay with that knowing the 785 can do as well with those speakers and also both do well with the Klipsch HII. Other looks like I have the speakers and found the Philips receivers from my stash do well with them. I will likely sell off all the electronics save the Philips as well as all the speakers save the 3 mentioned as well as all my other stash. Then in the future I can make a decision as to the final choice.

Listened to the new desk system a good bit of time today and have decided it will stay. Also, will be keeping the Philips 785 receiver and other than the Sherwood SEL-200, S3300s and S9500c as well as the Sony STR6120 and Yamaha CA/CT610II amp and tuner listed almost everything else on CL to clean house. My reluctance as to these items is as much just a personal reluctance as rationale one. I suspect in the end, these all will also be listed. I was hoping to have retained fewer pieces but, this is a step ahead, anyway.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

Edits: 07/02/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Can Not Go Smaller - Brian Levy 19:07:58 07/01/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.