Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Crazy Dynaco market on ebay

I agree that the prices can fluctuate quite a lot on all sorts of vintage audio. It seems that someone will demand an outragous price for some relatively obscure gear and if somone buys that piece all of a sudden the outragous price becomes the new price. That brings more of the same gear out of the closet and the first few sellers get the benefit of the new price. Over the course of a year or two though the price drops back to what the market will really accept.

I have been collecting Thordarson gear for a decade and have watched the price on one piece, a small SE 6L6 amp, fluctuate over several hundred dollars. I attribute this sudden change in value to one very clever seller who made a creative advt. on epay that in glowing terms (using all the guitar player venacular to describe the "tone") claimed it to be a superb amplifier for electric guitars. That previously $100 amp soon approached $500 in that auction and several subsequent auctions. Well, here we are a couple of year later and just a week or so ago a mint one of these amps went for $150. I didn't bid expecting it would be a waste of time. Who knows? Maybe I will find a match for my mono amp at a reasonable price after all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Crazy Dynaco market on ebay - Palustris 12:10:28 06/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.