Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Perhaps you mistake "critical" for trying to be helpful

... and the guys in the speaker forum know their stuff but they are so critical.

How did you end up wiring your passive subwoofer to your two channel rig? In parallel/series to one channel? You only opined "because I broke every rule and I know what you will say..." If you already know your approach was not optimum, then why ask?

This particular post of yours might easily be misunderstood as confrontational.

"I openly admit I do not know near as much as you guys. I have too much common sense I think. "

So, folks with broad knowledge don't have common sense? Is this really what you meant to say?

I think I have been a member of the wrong site,,,

Perhaps you mean forum. All of the many fora are at the same site. Some folks only post in one or two forums. As for me, I follow and post at quite a few since my interests are varied.

I used to sell ADS in my college days and owned Braun LV1020s from '75-'76. Nice brand indeed. The shop also carried Dahlquist, Gale, Acoustat and Dayton-Wright and I found I prefer dipolar electrostats.

What about anything digital...like an old CD player?

If you use the search, you'll find quite a few posts asking the question as to what constitutes "vintage". Some folks pin that to a particular event like "before CD players" or "before black faced receivers", but it seems the more common response was based on age - usually from 25 to 30 years. In that case, early CD players would qualify. As for me, I find the sound quality of the earliest ones dreadful as most couldn't resolve past 14 bits and designers were unaware of and didn't address jitter.

While I still use turntables, I use a "modern" computer based server for digital output with both main and vintage systems. The convenience and flexibility factors go through the roof while not sacrificing sound quality.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Perhaps you mistake "critical" for trying to be helpful - E-Stat 13:50:36 06/16/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.