Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: I didn't see the video on the Science Channel but I did find this.

Never compared the C26 to a PAS3x but didn't do one with the PAS and bother the PAT4 and PAT5. The Pats were worse than the PAS. As the Pats are of the same design generation as the C26 it would not surprise me if you preferred the PAS as it would be instilled with the classical tube sound. The C28 was as far as I am concerned the first stand alone Mc preamp that was worthy of the name.

Considering that persons now thrill after the sound of the Pats, Crown Iccky 150 and 15A and Citation 11, I can see the PAS being enjoyed. Back then these preamps enjoyed many until the next gen of designs came out and showed what a decent ss preamp could do. These early ss preamps also IMHO saved the tube as owners somewhat quickly realized the older tube preamps were much better and worth holding onto or getting.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I didn't see the video on the Science Channel but I did find this. - Brian Levy 00:36:22 06/14/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.