Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Fisher 500c rebuild in simplified fashion but very effective.

Top side

Underside
I used all electrolytics in the higher voltage part of the supply but I used very good caps nonetheless.Usually for the doubler I use the Pansonic ED series 820uf caps that McShane sells in his wonderful kits but I went with the 560uf Epcos LL which I believe are the high grade Philips that also top grade..I did this because there was more connection material to solder wires to other caps and to the output trafos.Anyway,this is far and above improved from what the original scheme was being you have about three times the original capacitance in most places and it is laid out much more neatly and it's much more quiet.
I took particular note with the preamp and tuner section where extra decoupling capacitance makes the S/N ratio lower on measurement.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Fisher 500c rebuild in simplified fashion but very effective. - Michael Samra 17:33:35 05/28/14 (19)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.