Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Question for you.

Except for mag/mc phono, mic. and tape head, all other inputs generally are hi-level with no equalization and the labels are simply for convenience. This includes Tape Monitor or Tape In. Tape Out is ahead of the controls of the preamp and output whatever is selected to play. There are variations depending on the control system such as dubbing, etc.

If you want, you can buy a multiple switch that can take and switch between several sources and output to a high level input on the amp/preamp/receiver. Most common seem to be 3-way that allows a net gain of inputs of 2 sources. They also can be reversed to use 1 input to multiple amps, etc. I do this with my cd player and a 3-way switch so I can run it through systems I want to compare or my main and 2nd system. The also make switchboxes for multiple tape deck based systems that include dubbing ability such as the fairly common Sony units and multiple speaker switching systems though these one needs to be a bit careful of for several reasons.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Question for you. - Brian Levy 09:15:52 05/24/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.