Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: "The end result would still have you listening down to them."

Their dullness may be caused by a couple of things: 1) the caps in the crossovers are in need of changing which is very likely or, 2) the switches in the back were set to decrease or normal and not extended.

The crossover switching was a bit misleading. In the extended position, the frequency response was at its flattest. Henry had rolloffs aqssociated with the other 2 as at the time he felt records with their his and fm stereo with its limited frequency response as well as cassettes' response did better when the high end was rolled off to reduce the record and tape hiss or draw attention to the midrange and bass where most musical content actually exists.

Because of the distance between the tweeters of the double Advents stacked vertically I never liked the result. Staging was never a strongpoint and doubling them seemed to exacberate the issue. Stacking horizontally moves them further apart I seem to remember and why this was not the recommended way as it would make it an even worse issue. Nothing like a violin or flute spreading across the whole wall.
Don Brian Levy, J.D.
Toronto ON Canada

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.