Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

That Mag table can be replaced by similar vintage tables that do not ruin discs...

Mid 1950s was the territory of Garrard, Voice of Music (V-M), even Collaro. While I have heard some nice mono Garrard tables of that era, my preference would be a V-M or the finest changer of the mid to late '50s: the Glaser-Steers. The GS stops spinning during the change cycle, which is a super cool feature. The GS-77 has a very underrated tonearm as well. It might surprise many readers that the earlier mono GS tables with 4 pole motors were not redesigned for stereo. That means the motors are interchangeable and the designers knew the rumble figure was good enough for stereo !

I like the V-M s for their reliability and ease of service. They are similar to the RCA 45 changers because RCA copied the V-M cycling sled. With the quintessential GE RPX phono cartridge, the V-M tables with 4 pole motors are my choice for spinning a stack of 78s...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.