Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: The Dynaco SCA-35 is back!

Hi guys,I haven't yet passed my Heathkit DC electronics course yet even though it's been sitting on my wire rope spindle coffie table for over 20 years. So I'm always looking for answers,and I appreciate all your help,I mean it. But I must quote someone and you guys can debate it because your way smarter than I. I asked this question on another site 3 years ago. What do the hum controls on the back of the Dyna SCA-35 really do? I thought they set the power tube bias,I didn't know. Frank VanAlStine gave me this answer: The hum control simply interjects power supply hum into the output,out of phase with the output hum,a kind of 2 hums are better than 1 scheme. The circuit conditions that cause the hum are still there, just masked. Not a good engineering solution. Also in his Audio Basics newsletter,free on his site, I subscribed back then, he explained the plight of the 7199 tube,being noisy and rare and such and he used the word (unobtainium). I don't know who coined it,and I don't care but it's dated and inwriting. I'm not trying to be stir up the nest, I just wanted to share some facts I learned 3 years ago and in 1982 (Audio Basics). Thanks I love you guys but had to get that out of my system.....Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.