Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Luxman LV-107u Amp (I Need Your Help!)

Hi guys,

I don't usually post in the vintage forum but I'm fairly well known in the Asylum. I'm hoping someone here can help me resolve what I cannot seem to resolve for myself. Many years ago now in the 1980's I heard the Luxman LV-107u integrated amp in an audio store I visited in Connecticut, where I used to live. I liked the looks and for the money on a set of Klipsch La Scalas the owner had in the store, I thought it sounded pretty darn nice. I thought to myself here's a nice, fairly decently priced ---{$1300}--- tubed amp I could recommend to my newbie friends that wanted to try tubes, but didn't want the usually tubes-related issues and looks.

Here's my dilemma. I actually made such a recommendation to a friend at that same time. Unbeknownst to me some 22 years later that same friend who still lived in Connecticut, found the paper he wrote the Luxman name and model on! Apparently he came across a AD in the local newspaper that was selling a Luxman BRID-series integrated amp. Only God knows why he didn't make an attempt to locate me here in Florida BEFORE making a purchase based on my 22 year old recommendation! But he didn't and he made the purchase anyways.

Sometime long after his purchase he located me and came down to spent a week with me. That's how I learned about his purchase. He couldn't remember the exact model of his BRID integrated amp, but he told me he knows it only has one tube in the front "window." Not two like the ones I showed him on the internet. He couldn't remember the model # of this one tube BRID amp. On top of that it is packed away and in storage facility in CT and for reason I won't go into here, he cannot access the amp for about 18 months.

Does anyone here know the model # of the Luxman BRID integrated amp that has only one tube in the front "window?" If you do will you please answer this post with the model # so I can see what it looks like and buy him a real high-quality tube to replace the one that is presently in it? I want it to be a present for when he can get to his amp in 18 months. At the very same time he's going to have a set of Sachiko cabinets made after hearing my Sachikos with the Mastersound Reference 845 amp I use. Your help will be deeply appreciated by both myself and my friend. And it will mean the world to me to be able to have that amp sounding better than it ever did before for him.

Thanks to any and all who respond.

I'm listening to:

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Luxman LV-107u Amp (I Need Your Help!) - thetubeguy1954 17:19:50 04/13/14 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.