Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Dynaco tweeter dilemma

Hi Tadlo, I love the Dyna A35 speakers. If there in good shape maybe they should be retired to a better place than a frat house where they must be abused with beer slopped over them from toga parties. I have a pair of Morel MDT-20's that I bought a few years ago for the same reason you did. I'm not ready to part with them yet. The Morels according to Parts Express literature from 13 years ago go down to 1300 hz and up to 23,000 hz.The Dyna-A-25 was crossed over at 1500hz to the 10 inch woofer. The A-35 was crossed at 1200hz,I got the manual out.The Morels probably worked well for you because of the high frequency control on the back.I don't know where you set it. The newer Seas tweeters,I looked it up go down to 2000 hz.If it's a money thing I would go with the old tweeters, Seas 87 that you can find on ebay and replace the Morels.If you want a more extended treble like the A-25XL and the A-40XL had which followed the A-35, look for the Seas 86's. It seems weird that the more modern tweeter would have a smaller number but that's how it works. Maybe you could cover some costs by selling the single Morel-20 to someone that is in the same situation. The tweeters should be the same if you want the best performance,just like in a car you would want the same kind of shocks or tires.It might work for a frat house, but for your ears I would say use the same tweeter as the other in the A-35's...Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Dynaco tweeter dilemma - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 07:12:30 04/11/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.