Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Finished R&R of Deluxe Reverb

Most of what I had is gone, sold too. I think the only Fenders I never had
were the high powered tweed twin and the early woody stuff, I even had a champ 800, a brown and a tweed bandmaster, etc... the strat is my last vintage guitar of any note, and it's for sale. I play a refined '58 Tele partocaster. Could be happy with a MIM Esquire. I play through the modified Stromberg Carson PA amp I posted a couple years ago. Been digging through my parts to build a SE 47 guitar amp like the SE 6V6 champoid amp I made and gave away. It used the cathode follower driven tone stack like a 5F6-A bassman, just omitted the phase inverter. The 6V6 amp was TOO LOUD, so I'm hoping the 47 might fix it with half the power and a higher grid bias. We'll see...I've never used pedals much, although a compressor would be nice, but I keep thinking I can make a tube type one, but never do. Briefly in the early 70's Gibson/Maestro and Oberhiem collaborated on a ring-modulator effect that I'd love to find an example of, but they're rare and sought after and go for silly money so I'll never get one. Marc Ribot used one.

Above is a Standeloid thing I made PP 12A6's with separate preamp chassis.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Finished R&R of Deluxe Reverb - GSH 12:44:46 03/26/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.