Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: You bring up a very interesting point

I'd wholeheartedly agree, the end result should always be about how one reacts to the Music - as I do pride myself of being a Music Lover first and foremost as I've an LP collection approaching 22.000, yet I've always viewed a system which allows me to enjoy said recordings as you've mentioned as a tool and/or means of enjoying them even more so.

I've never tried to judge components from an Audiophiles perceptive as I'm more inclined to react to system that move me on an emotional level - as opposed to such things as air/presence - warm mids or subsonic bass - I'm more into how the music flows and/or drives both the room as well as my emotions, either it sounds correct in a balanced manner, or it doesn't?.

Purity - Tonality - Texture - Timbre and Pitch are what I focus my attentions on, yet I can see were some might place an emphasis on how something produces sound staging/imagining and understand the desire for a blacken background if you will - as well as some needing wall to wall sound which pressurizes ones entire space with said sound - but I'm more into how Music is played within this same space and am note caught up on Hi-Fi effects at the least, I judge any given system on how it connects to my inner being - my soul - my heart - my emotions - and if not moved to tears/laughter or the desire to get up and boogie - then said system serves its purpose not.

Someone else might see/hear Michael's system as somewhat detailed or solid state sonically!, yet I hear it as perfectly balanced in a synergistic manner to not draw ones attention to what it's doing wrong - but more so on all that's it's doing right.

It's moving in that it drew me into it in a way that opened my ears/eyes/senses to what vintage gear is truly capable of doing with the right internal components or a few well chosen mod/tweaks here and there to voice it properly.

Yes, I enjoyed his system more in a spiritual sense - if you get my meaning?. It spoke to my heart.

O_oh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You bring up a very interesting point - el34eh@yahoo.com 21:25:09 03/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.